The Rasengan, a spinning ball of chakra, is known for being Naruto Uzumaki’s trademark technique.
However, we’ll focus on those the Rasengan Variants he either had only partial involvement in it or he had none at all.
We’ll follow the following parameters :
Basically, the parameters for this article are the following :
- Rasengan techniques Naruto created will obviously not be included, such as the Rasenshuriken.
- Variants of Naruto’s own Rasengan variants will be included so long as another character created them.
- Rasengan techniques not created by Naruto but that ended up part of his arsenal will be included.
- Non-canon Rasengan techniques (from games, for example) will be included.
- Finally, techniques that needed not only Naruto’s involvement but another character’s to be created can be included, so long as it’s emphasized that it was the other character’s involvement that mattered the most in the technique (or at least, they were involved in half of the attack).
- However, techniques in which the Rasengan included was entirely Naruto’s doing won’t be included. For example, Naruto and Hinata’s Gentle Step Spiraling Twin Lion Fists or Naruto and Sasuke’s Scorch Style: Nimbus Gale Jet-Black Arrow Formation: Zero won’t be included.
- Techniques with partial or minimal involvement from Naruto
- Techniques with no involvement from Naruto whatsoever
With that in mind, let’s proceed.
- 1. Student and Teacher Rasengan (Naruto & Jiraiya variants)
- 2. Parent and Child Rasengan (Minato & Naruto variant)
- 3. Fire Style : Great Flame Rasengan
- 4. Sage Art: Ultra-Big Ball Rasengan
- 5. Compression Rasengan and Super Compression Rasengan
- 6. Vanishing Rasengan
- 7. Deep Crimson Spiral
- 8. Rasengan : « Unison »
- 9. Student and Teacher Rasengan (Kakashi & Minato and Boruto & Konohamaru variants)
- 10. Original Rasengan
1. Student and Teacher Rasengan (Naruto & Jiraiya variants)
Creators : Naruto Uzumaki & Jiraiya
Naruto and Jiraiya each create a Rasengan next to each other before running towards the target and hitting them with it, causing enormous amounts of damage.
2. Parent and Child Rasengan (Minato & Naruto variant)
Creators : Naruto Uzumaki & Minato Namikaze
Naruto and Minato, in their Kurama avatars, create a Rasengan of similar size, before ramming it into their target. The attack is powerful enough to push back the likes of Ten-Tails Obito Uchiha.
3. Fire Style : Great Flame Rasengan
Creator : Jiraiya
First appearing in Naruto : Ultimate Ninja 3, this is the first chronological technique created by Jiraiya. surrounded by a ring of flames which, on impact with the target, creates a maelstrom of fire that deals massive damage.
4. Sage Art: Ultra-Big Ball Rasengan
Creator : Jiraiya
This variant of Naruto’s Ultra-Big Ball Rasengan was created by Jiraiya : it creates a Rasengan of gigantic proportions and infuses it with senjutsu. The technique, according to the third databook, is powerful enough to destroy a mountain.
5. Compression Rasengan and Super Compression Rasengan
Unlike his father who tends to create bigger Rasengans for more power, Boruto compresses his Rasengan to penetrate targets with little issues.
However, its compressed nature means it causes severe recoil.
With Mitsuki’s senjutsu and Sarada’s chakra-enhanced strength, it becomes a Super Compression Rasengan that can overcome near-indestructible obstacles such as Deepa’s carbon armor.
6. Vanishing Rasengan
Creator : Boruto Uzumaki
Boruto unconsciously adds Lightning Style chakra to his Rasengan, turning it invisible, before he throws it.
It’s invisible nature means that most opponents doesn’t notice it until it hits.
Momoshiki claims that while it’s not lethal, it’s very painful when it hits a vital spot.
7. Deep Crimson Spiral
Creator : Momoshiki Otsutsuki
With his Rinnegan, Momoshiki creates a Rasengan enormous enough to compete with Naruto and Boruto’s Parent and Child Rasengan, which were powerful enough to kill the aforementioned Momoshiki.
8. Rasengan : « Unison »
Creators : Boruto Uzumaki and Kawaki
Kawaki, with the use of his Kama seal, pours his chakra into Boruto to increase the power of the latter’s Rasengan.
Note: If you want to watch Naruto and Naruto Shippuden Filler-Free, below is a complete Guide. It mentions Filler Episodes, Canon Episodes, Worth-Watching Arcs and Movies Guide. Naruto Shippuden Filler List
9. Student and Teacher Rasengan (Kakashi & Minato and Boruto & Konohamaru variants)
Creators : Boruto Uzumaki & Konohamaru Sarutobi, Kakashi Hatake & Minato Namikaze
These variants work the exact same way as Naruto’s and Jiraiya’s with different character. Thus there’s little need to focus on it anymore than necessary.
10. Original Rasengan
Creator : Minato Namikaze
This one is a no-brainer.
The technique was originally inspired by the Tailed Beast Bombs, lacks hand signs, and the targets are propelled among the Rasengan’s trajectory, before the latter bursts, causing major amounts of damage.
Thanks For Reading!