Inspirational Goku Quotes hit differently if they are delivered in the heat of the battle when the protagonist is about to surpass their limits and awaken the fire within themselves. Shounen anime has several scenes, which inspire its viewers.
So in this list we are gonna find the most inspirational quotes by one of the most famous shounen protagonists to be ever animated, Goku. He is the savior of the earth, he is a true hero, his character was created to inspire and motivate teenagers to become hero-like humans.
These quotes are not exactly in any specific order, they are all inspirational, maybe some of them more than others but the purpose of this article is not to rank these quotes.
- 20 Inspiration Goku Quotes To Motivate You
- 20. “Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets”
- 19. “But really what’s draining your strength is your own doubt”
- 18. “Me personally, I like to work and train”
- 17. “I am the hope of the Universe. I am the answer to all living things that call out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am the truth. Ally to good! A nightmare to you!”
- 16. “I must overcome everyone that comes in my way”
- 15. “Let’s give it everything we’ve got!”
- 14. “Show me what you can do!”
- 13. “Keep training and get stronger. I’ll always be one step ahead of you!”
- 12. “I’m gonna be a lot stronger than I ever was”
- 11. “No matter what. I will succeed”
- 10. “Hey, don’t get ahead of yourself. You haven’t beaten us yet!”
- 9. “Even a low-class warrior can surpass an elite. With enough hard work”
- 8. “Power comes in response to a need, not a desire”
- 7. “I would rather be a brainless monkey than a heartless monster”
- 6. “It looks like they only want me and that’s exactly what they’ll get”
- 5. “Sorry, I saw an opening that just screamed ‘ATTACK,’ so I did, ha!”
- 4. “I’ve spent months preparing for the day I’d face you.”
- 3. “Show ‘em what a Saiyan’s made of!”
- 2. “Okay. On to Plan B. Whatever that is.”
- 1. “Aw man! You’re done already?! I’ve still got more left in me! Let’s go again”
20 Inspiration Goku Quotes To Motivate You
The purpose of this article is to inspire you, motivate you thus getting you a bit closer to achieving your dreams! Have a good read!
20. “Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets”
Starting off our list with one of the best moments in the anime and a truly motivational quote by Goku. Nobody can tell the future, there are a million possible outcomes for every step you take on your walk.
A step you take might cause you to bump into your future partner and maybe some other route you take might cause you to be in an accident. Goku was talking to Gohan, who was doubting himself again and again and his mind was full of regrets.
That is when Goku reminded him, to let go of his regrets, accept reality and face the problem in front of him and guess what, that’s exactly what Gohan did. He overcame his regrets, accepted the past, and faced his problem head-on.
19. “But really what’s draining your strength is your own doubt”
It is true with a lot of people, several people doubt their abilities, their strength. They spiral down the dark road of self-doubt and self-depreciation. They don’t consider themselves worthy of an opportunity that presents itself in front of them.
Goku said this line in the same moment like the one above this. He said it to Gohan who thought that a numb arm was making him powerless but in reality, it was his conscience.
It was Gohan, himself who subconsciously thought that he was not powerful enough. This line from Goku helped him understand the power hidden inside of him.
18. “Me personally, I like to work and train”
In the world, we live there are several ways to make it in life, some of them are easy some of them are hard and some are impossible.
Goku has always believed in hard work and training, nobody is born with skills, maybe some of them have a talent, some have an affinity towards that skill but the one who develops their skill wins the war in the end.
17. “I am the hope of the Universe. I am the answer to all living things that call out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am the truth. Ally to good! A nightmare to you!”
This was hands-down one of the coolest moments of the Freiza Arc. This is where the tables are turned and Goku tells Frieza how he is indestructible because all the Universe is on his side.
If you want to achieve something and you put all your efforts into achieving that, the entire Universe helps you. This is probably the most heroic quote he ever said in the anime.
16. “I must overcome everyone that comes in my way”
Next up we have a super cool quote. I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. Everyone living on earth faces a set of obstacles, sometimes physical and maybe sometimes mental but the ones who overcome whatever is thrown their way are the real winners.
Goku is pretty much saying the same thing, he never plans on knuckling under, never does he think that he’ll lose. He thinks only about beating the problems in front of him and gives it his all to overcome these obstacles.
15. “Let’s give it everything we’ve got!”
This next quote is quite obvious too but we sometimes forget about it in those small moments in our lives.
Goku says that while preparing for a fight, but we can consider that fight as a symbolism of the struggles we face in life.
Give it everything you’ve got and one day you shall best your struggles and come out as the winner.
14. “Show me what you can do!”
I know this is like the most common shounen fight lines but it is inspirational. Make this your mantra in life.
Whenever you feel someone or something competing with you for something you want really bad.
Ask them, “Show me what you can do!”, accept the challenge. Accept the challenges that present themselves head-on and win over them.
13. “Keep training and get stronger. I’ll always be one step ahead of you!”
If you observe characters in shounen they always have got a rival alongside them. When you have a rival they push you and you push them to improve and grow stronger together.
In life, one should try to make a friend who kinda acts like a rival. A friendly challenge may be the push you need to do better in life and improve alongside your rival.
Another important learning from this quote is that one should always keep on training and get stronger because there is definitely someone out there stronger than you!
Never stop learning, never stop training. Always keep on improving.
12. “I’m gonna be a lot stronger than I ever was”
One should have faith in themselves, in the universe, and the efforts that they put into their dreams.
“What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” so whenever you are being tested by life, whenever you feel like your life is being too harsh on you, remember that at the end of this struggle you will emerge victoriously.
Keep this Goku quote in mind and keep up the work!
11. “No matter what. I will succeed”
A positive outlook in life goes a long way. When we are looking for something we tend to miss out on other things around us.
When in life your mindset grows negative, you will tend to miss out on the positive things happening around you and always focus on the negatives, whereas with a positive attitude like Goku’s you can’t even miss one nice gesture, one nice little thing that happened to you this morning.
So make this Goku quote your motto and keep on repeating it to yourself until your mindset changes.
10. “Hey, don’t get ahead of yourself. You haven’t beaten us yet!”
Goku says this to Cell during the Cell Tournament Arc. It represents another negative aspect of a human’s ego, over-confidence.
Confidence is a much-needed skill in life, every person should focus on improving their confidence levels but they should only be confident nothing more.
The cell was over-confident after achieving his final form during the Tournament Arc, he thought that he’d defeat all the Z-fighters in this form, and especially after his brawl with Goku he got more and more arrogant.
9. “Even a low-class warrior can surpass an elite. With enough hard work”
Another amazing Goku-Frieza quotes. Goku tells us how hard work pays off. It is really simple, if you work hard you get the reward.
This quote is especially for those who think they don’t have any talents, don’t worry even Goku was born into a high-class royal family. He was born to a low-class Saiyan warrior.
What made Goku the strongest was the training and hard work he put in to be a martial artist.
8. “Power comes in response to a need, not a desire”
This applies to us and our world too. Power, any type of it for example a skill, a technique, a position, shows only to those who need it not those who just want it superficially.
If you have wanted to achieve your goals, you should believe so much in these goals that they become your need not just your desires.
They become what you live for and when that happens the power will come to you!
7. “I would rather be a brainless monkey than a heartless monster”
This quote shows the purity of Goku’s heart and his consciousness. Goku prefers to be a brainless monkey, an organism that cannot harm and hurt anyone but neither can enjoy power in their life.
One should show empathy and kindness in their journey, it is rather better to be an unimportant normal monkey even if that means a bland life rather than harming, killing, or hurting being a heartless monster.
6. “It looks like they only want me and that’s exactly what they’ll get”
Confidence is key in many situations, an interview, giving an acceptance speech, on a date, etc. This Goku quote tells you to build confidence and never miss opportunities.
While going to a job interview always give yourself a motivational speech, telling yourself that you are the perfect match, you are the one who they want and that’s exactly what they’ll get.
5. “Sorry, I saw an opening that just screamed ‘ATTACK,’ so I did, ha!”
Never miss an opportunity! Opportunities in life come rarely, and there are some that come only once in a lifetime.
Most of us miss such opportunities due to some common reasons, self-doubt, lower-confidence, etc.
This Goku quote shows how he doesn’t miss any opportunities if there is an opening in the opponent’s defence Goku will hit it.
4. “I’ve spent months preparing for the day I’d face you.”
Goku said this to Cell in the Cell Tournament Arc, he had prepared for years in the hyperbolic time chamber to face Cell and his final form.
If I knew I had to face a challenge in the near future, I’d prepare for it months in advance working hard for achieving and overcoming the challenges.
It’s just like preparing for an exam, you gotta make sure you put in the practice and spent months practising and studying for this exam.
3. “Show ‘em what a Saiyan’s made of!”
The Saiyan race is a very proud one. They take pride in their fighting spirit, their skills as a warrior and their personality. The learning to draw from this has pride in your accomplishments.
During the daily struggle in our work-a-day life, we forget to cherish and celebrate our achievements.
A person should pride themselves on their accomplishments and gain some confidence through this.
2. “Okay. On to Plan B. Whatever that is.”
Sometimes shit happens, your plans are not fail-proof, some of them are sure to fail and crap all over your dreams.
It is always handy to have a Plan B. Everyone while making a plan does make a Plan B, after analyzing all possibilities and obstacles.
This moment and Goku’s reaction to this situation show us his confidence and nerves of steel. Whenever you find your plans falling apart in front of you, you should not sit there hopelessly crying over spilled milk and move on to your Plan B.
1. “Aw man! You’re done already?! I’ve still got more left in me! Let’s go again”
Never backing down, another typical shounen protagonist trait but we see it so much more in Goku.
He is such a strong fighting spirit as seen from this and other quotes in the list and so should you.
A person should learn how to never back down, be it against anything and especially against unjust situations.