The main goal of this article is to provide information on how to increase the number of columns in The Sims 4’s CAS or Create a Sim.
What is a CAS, you ask? And how does it affect gameplay?
Create A Sim: Explained
Create a Sim, or CAS as it’s more often known, is a crucial feature of The Sims 4 and every other game in the series.
Before you can add a Sim to the game, it must first create that Sim as an individual.
Create a Sim has been revamped in The Sims 4 to make it more intuitive and user-friendly than its iterations in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3.
Here, you may alter a Sim’s physical appearance and character traits.
A Sim’s appearance, voice, gender, body type, pregnancy options, toilet stance, and wardrobe are all up for grabs.
The Create a Family interface, of which CAS is a part, also lets you modify the domestic ties between your Sims before you place them in a community.
However, the CAS in The Sims 4 is already fantastic, and modders can make it even better by making it more intuitive and user-friendly.
Consider weerbesu’s More Columns in CAS modification.
Adding More Columns In CAS
In The Sims 4, when you go to customize a Sim’s appearance in CAS mode, the catalog window displays two columns at first.
It serves its purpose well, but with a fantastic add-on, the number of columns may be expanded.
A fantastic tool that achieves this is weerbesu’s More Columns in CAS mod.
It is possible to increase the number of columns in the catalog panel from the default of two to three, four, or even five.
Having a large number of custom content possibilities for your Sims’ wardrobe, accessories, eyes, hairstyles, tattoos, and other appearance customizations are ideal for this.
Things To Remember
As with other popular modifications, you may make a small number of mistakes when utilizing this wonderful invention.
However, weerbesu regularly updates the mod to address any concerns players may have with the UI.
Here are a few things to keep in mind concerning the More CAS Columns mod:
- The mod was developed for a specific version of the game and will not work with any earlier versions.
- The v1.10 version was developed using The Sims 4 game version 1.58.63 and is thus incompatible with previous releases of the game.
- If the game’s resolution isn’t high enough, the user interface (UI) may be truncated.
- A minimum resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels is required to properly display games in 3 column mode.
- The minimum recommended resolution for playing a 4 column type game is 1600 x 900.
- The minimum resolution for the 5-column type is 1920 x 1080.
- The Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack for The Sims 4 requires a higher resolution.
- The 1.58.63 patch adds a scaling option for the user interface to the game’s settings.
- As the size of the user interface (UI) decreases, more columns may be displayed at the same screen resolution.