Naruto is a highly popular manga and anime series that has millions of loyal fans across the globe.
The Naruto cast has developed a unique feeling of relating to the fictional characters for many people.
The feeling of likability stems from the hardships, pain, and suffering many characters endure in the show.
Before killing gods and talking about wiping out the whole world with the Tsukiyomi genjutsu made the Naruto series more difficult, the biggest threat was a clan of nukekin ninjas called the Akatsuki who had left their home village.
Sad Naruto lines are a great way for fans to understand how sad Naruto is.
Even before a ninja named Yahiko gave them the name “nukenin,” they worked together toward a shared goal, but their vision was shattered when someone from the inside took over as leader.
The Akatsuki was a group of ninja with a sad history. Because of this, they said a lot of sad things that made Naruto fans cry.
We’ve listed here some of the saddest and heartbreaking lines in Naruto and Shippuden.
We hope that our list of Sad Naruto Quotes will make you feel sad, too.
“When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred.”Madara Uchiha
“The smoke gets in my eyes.”Shikamaru Nara
“It doesn’t bleed, but I have been having a lot of pain around here.”Gaara
“Sorry, Sasuke… but this is the end.”Itachi Uchiha
“I Knew From The First Time I Had To Kill My Comrades… Kill A Mist Ninja As A Mist Ninja. What Does That Make Me? Am I A Friend Or Foe? What Is My Purpose And My Position? Where Do I Go? Where Can I Go? I’m Well Aware That My Entire Life Has Been One Giant Lie.”Kisame
The majority of these quotes are centered on the passing of a beloved person.
They have an incredibly tragic story, and Kisame is not like any other.
The quote perfectly describes the condition of a teenager who was aspiring to become a Ninja.
The act of killing your comrades and acquaintances to gain a reputation and then being employed by a different person, and the cycle continues to repeat.
Additionally, the trauma of killing so many of your friends at such a young age blurs the lines between murder and “good” or “bad,” as Kisame correctly states, which leads to further confusion regarding life, existence, and all other things.
- Having too many bonds causes one to lose focus, weakening their strongest wish, their greatest desire. –Naruto
- People cannot win against their loneliness. –Naruto
- Those who can’t acknowledge their real selves are bound to fail. –Naruto
- In order to escape a road of solitude, one has to work hard, and forge a new path with their own power. –Naruto
- The fate of those who seek revenge is grim, it’s tragic, you will end up suffering and hurting yourself even more. –Naruto
- Moving on doesn’t mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living. –Naruto
- Perhaps the companionship of an evil person is preferable to loneliness. –Naruto
- The pain of being alone is completely out of this world, isn’t it? I don’t know why, but I understand your feelings so much, it actually hurts. –Naruto
“The longer you live, the more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering and emptiness…”Madara Uchiha
“Man seeks peace, yet at the same time yearning for war… Those are the two realms belonging solely to man. Thinking of peace whilst spilling blood is something that only humans could do. They’re two sides of the same coin… to protect something… another must be sacrificed.”Madara Uchiha
“War Will Never Cease To Exist. Reasons Can Always Be Thought Of After The Fact. Human Nature Pursues Strife. Religion, Ideology, Resources, Land, Spite, Love, Or Just Because. No Matter How Pathetic The Reason, It’s Enough To Start A War.”Pain
By Knowing People’s Pain And Shedding The Same Tears, We Can Eventually Get Closer To The Real World.Pain
“War brings death. And wounds and pain to both sides. There’s nothing harder to accept, than the deaths of those you love. So you believe they could never die. Especially those who haven’t known war.”Nagato
The quotes above focus on war in that they discuss the causes of war as well as the suffering and pain that war causes to those who participate.
They are also a great way to understand why Pain and the Nagato quotes complement each other since they share the same beliefs.
Their belief in injustice, causing pain to all to make sure that everyone understands one another, is untrue. However, it is also understandable.
Naruto has tried to bring peace to the ninja world by going through pain and trouble. The sad Naruto quotes are a collection of Naruto’s words about pain and suffering.
Let’s look at some sad lines from Naruto in the next section:
- Because they saved me from myself, they rescued me from my loneliness, they were the first to accept me for who I am, They’re my friends. –Naruto
- Be strong when you are weak, brave when you are scared, and humble when you are victorious, Be Strong, Brave and Humble. –Naruto
- It is only through the eyes of others that our lives have any meaning. –Naruto
- Either people change or they die before they do, It’s one or the other. –Naruto
- Your eyes tell me how badly you wish to kill the one who put you through hell called loneliness. –Naruto
- It’s stupid to talk about things you’re not, be yourself and you’ll be fine.
- Knowing what it feels to be in pain is exactly why we try to be kind to others. –Naruto
“While you’re alive, you need a reason for your existence. Being unable to find one is the same as being dead.”Naruto Uzumaki
“Fear. That is what we live with. And we live with it every day. Only in death are we free of it.”Neji Hyuga
It’s too late to regret. Reality is just cruelly moving forward.Obito Uchiha
“People cannot show each other their true feelings. Fear, suspicion, and resentment never subside.”Madara Uchiha
The quotations in this set are based on feelings of regret and fear. We all have fears and regrets, and ways to manage these are also a part of our lives.
In the final quote, Madara has come to this conclusion after taking a look back at his past experiences with others.
His family and brother, Hashirama, and the whole Leaf Village as well.
The lack of trust Uchihas always confronted has created feelings of resentment within Madara.
In addition, he was aware of revealing the problems they had to face in public at some point, and all these tensions caused an explosion when they broke out.
- If love is just a word, then why does it hurt so much if you realize it isn’t there? –Naruto
- We were alone and starved for love, Kids that lived in a world full of hate. –Naruto
- Those who forgive themselves, and are able to accept their true nature, they are the strong ones. –Naruto
- If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see.
- The longer you live, the more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering and emptiness… –Naruto
- Do you have any idea how I feel about being lonely? –Naruto
- Protection is important, but there are some things that a person must learn on his own. –Naruto
- People’s lives don’t end when they die, it ends when they lose faith. –Naruto
- It’s human nature not to realize the true value of something, unless they lose it. –Naruto
- I could say I’m not sad, but I’d be lying. The problem is the world won’t let me stay a kid forever, so I can’t lie around crying about it either. –Naruto
“Once more just before I leave this world… I wish to hear him call me elder brother.”Itachi Uchiha
“You don’t have to forgive me… but no matter what happens to you from here on out… I will always love you…”Itachi Uchiha
“Sasuke, I always knew you were alone. In the beginning, I was glad because I thought you were like me – I wanted to talk to you! But you… didn’t speak. You always had everyone watching you. You could do everything and we were too different. So I decided that you would become my rival. I didn’t want to lose because I was called a loser all the time. Even when we became Team 7, I still thought this way. I always tried to lie but… but the truth is… I always wanted to be like you. I aspired to be like you. Because of that… I was glad that you wanted to fight me.”Naruto Uzumaki
“If anyone else tries to ridicule the way I live, I’ll slaughter everyone they ever cared about. And then maybe they’ll understand what it’s like to taste… a little of my hatred.”Sasuke Uchiha
“Just shut up for once! What the hell do you know about it? It’s not like you ever had a family in the first place! You were on your own right from the beginning, what makes you think you know anything about it?! Huh?! I’m suffering now because I had those ties, how on earth could you possibly understand, what it feels like to lose all that?”Sasuke Uchiha
Our final set of quotes focuses on Sasuke Uchiha.
Sasuke is, in my opinion, the most complex character in the show since he is someone who has experienced many physical and mental issues at a very young age.
In the final quote, Sasuke speaks truthfully to Naruto.
Both have experienced loneliness since childhood. Sasuke witnessed a massacre at the hand of the idol and his older brother, Itachi Uchiha.
The circumstances are very different, and Sasuke is fueled by anger and resentment at his brother, who did commit such a grave offense.
“How the hell could you seal the kyuubi in your own son? I’ve been through hell and back because of it.”Naruto Uzumaki
“Look, There is nothing in my heart, I don’t even feel pain. You don’t have to feel guilty, Kakashi.”Obito Uchiha
“I wanted him to keep watching over me. I wanted to have him watch me become hokage.”Naruto Uzumaki
Well , I guess if the worst does happen and both of us end up dying, you won’t be an Uchiha and I won’t be the Kyubi’s Jinchuriki anymore, we’ll be free of our burdens.Naruto Uzumaki
The tale of Jiraya, the gallant. Well now it’ll end a little bit better I hope. The final chapter I’ll call it “Frog, at the Bottom of the Well, Drifts off into the Great Ocean” Hehe, Just barely glorious, but glorious, indeed. Now I suppose it’s about time I put down my pen. Oh that’s right. What should I name the sequel? wonder. Let’s see “The tale of Naruto Uzamaki” Ah, Yes. That has a nice ring to it.”Jiraiya
The quotes above are a reflection of the mind and reveal the emptiness and resentment or sorrow these characters experience.
The first quote comes from Naruto’s conversation with his father, Minato, in which he expresses his unhappiness with his father’s decision to create Jhinchuriki because it only caused him to feel sorrow.
The other quotes follow a similar theme in that Obito speaks about his feelings of being empty physically and emotionally.
Sasuke speaks about the way both he and Naruto are bound by the obligations of holding huge amounts of authority and responsibility.
Sasuke is the sole survivor of one of the most powerful clans of all time.
Naruto is currently the location of Nine Tails, a beast capable of wreaking devastation on nations within a matter of minutes.
In the last line, Jiraiya talks about the last chapter in his story and that the sequel’s title will be “The Tale of Naruto Uzumaki,” which implies the idea that Naruto is the son of prophecy and will bring peace and peace throughout the entire world.
The famous anime series that made you want to eat ramen has a lot of great moments, like big monologues and emotional and uplifting interactions between the characters.
These sad Naruto lines can help his fans understand how Naruto feels when he is sad.
When you read through our collection of sad Naruto quotes, you might cry a few times and feel very sad. Find and share sad quotes from Naruto that also have a positive message.
For example, if you believe Naruto, losing and having hard times in your life are not reasons to give up.