Knowing how to enable cheats should be one of the first actions you take when playing Sims 4.
Cheating is an integral part of the game and there are plenty of cheating options that can aid you in all aspects of the game.
As opposed to similar video game genres, the Sims cheats aren’t a major disruption to the game’s experience at the very least, not in a substantial way.
There are a few cheats that immediately increase your skills or grant you rewards however, you don’t need to make use of them if don’t wish to.
However, if you are a fan of building, for instance, it is not possible to use cheats such as Moving objects or enable the Free Build.
It’s up to you to decide how and when you’ll utilize cheating in TS4. Since you’re reading this, we’ll see the method to turn on cheats!
How To Enable Cheats In Sims 4 On A PC?
The ability to enable cheats is an easy process within Sims 4, regardless of your system. But, according to me, turning on cheats for PCs is the most straightforward.
Here are the steps to enable cheats on PCs within Sims 4:
- Start Your Game.
- Hold down the keys CTRL + SHIFT using your keyboard to open your command console.
- When the cheat box appears in the upper left-hand corner, enter “testingcheats on” or “testingcheats true” in the dialogue bar. (It does not matter which you choose to use. )
- Press ENTER.
- You’re done! The game will inform you that cheats are available in your game, and you’ll be able to add any cheats you’d like to use.
It is recommended to make sure that cheats are enabled before trying to use any cheat feature in Sims 4.
It’s simple and ensures that each cheat you type in is working correctly.
How To Enable Cheats In Sims 4 On A Mac?
If you’re playing Sims 4 on Mac and you want to enable cheats, it should be as simple as using Windows PC.
Follow these steps in case you’re doing this for the first time;
- Play the game.
- Press the SHIFT, CMD, and C keys using your keyboard. This will open the command console in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Enter one of these cheatlines into the dialogue bar “testingheats on” or “testingcheats true.” (It doesn’t make a difference which one you choose. )
- Hit ENTER.
- This is the end of it! You are able to add more cheats after having added cheats to your game.
How To Enable Cheats In Sims 4 On PS4 And Xbox One?
Sine PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are consoles that don’t come with external keyboards. However, the ability to enable cheats is all controlled by the controller.
Here’s how to enable cheats and turn them off on the Sims 4 game: Sims 4 on a PS4 or Xbox One:
- Play and play.
- Make sure you hold the 4 triggers on one side of your controller (R1 R2, R2, and L2). This will open the cheat box and the keyboard window.
- With the keyboard you have on your screen, type one of the two cheatlines “testingcheats on” or “testingcheats true”. (It isn’t important which one you select. )
- Choose”HTML0″. Click the “Done” button on the keyboard or press R2 on your controller.
- You’ll be notified that cheats have been enabled within your game. It is possible to continue adding cheats following the message.
This is all there is to it!
After you’ve done this several times, the process of enabling cheats is a simple and quick thing to do prior to using cheats in the TS4 game.
If you don’t do it, there’s a great possibility that your cheat will not be effective.
Therefore, if you find a cheating option available in Sims 4 which doesn’t work for you, ensure that you’ve enabled cheats prior to doing so.
This is all you need to know about how to turn off cheats or enable them on the Sims 4!
Have fun simming!