These Best light armor in skyrim are might not be as protective as the heavy once but these light armor sure make you move faster with some defense boosts.
Because of this many skyrim players prefer light armors in skyrim but I can understand that these best light armor in skyrim are not that easy to find.
That’s why I am creating this list to help you out where you can find these best light armor in skyrim.
18 Best Light Armor in Skyrim
Lets begin the list of best light armor in skyrim without wasting any more time.
18. Glass Armor
Unenchanted pieces of Best light armor in skyrim will begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 36 and enchanted variants can be found at level 37.
However, some enchanted pieces may be found as low as level 29–31, and unenchanted pieces can begin to appear as early as level 26. Locations include:
- Blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item. “Boss” chests have a higher chance of spawning glass armor at lower levels.
- Thalmor patrols will begin wearing unenchanted glass armor after level 36, replacing the Elven armor that they wore previously.
17. Imperial Light Armor
Worn by Imperial soldiers throughout Skyrim. Several sets can be looted from the corpses of Imperial soldiers if the Stormcloaks are joined during the Civil War questline.
Pieces can be created at a blacksmith’s forge, but the Steel Smithing perk is required to forge these items. Pieces can be upgraded with a piece of leather at a workbench.
16. Scaled Armor
There is also an alternative version of the cuirass, the scaled horn armor. It is identical to the stats of the original, but can’t be crafted or improved.
It provides less armor rating than glass Best light armor in skyrim, but more than Elven armor, while being heavier in weight than the latter.
Elven gilded armor, when wearing the full set, reaps benefits equal to that of Scaled Armor.
The scaled armor seems to be an upgraded version of the studded armor, as it has extra protection, and looks similar.
15. Hide Armor
Hide Armor is a set of Best light armor in skyrim that appears in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The most basic form of light armor, both in cost and protection, Hide Armor is very common and can be found throughout Skyrim from the beginning of the game.
Enchanted and unenchanted variants begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 1. These locations include:
- Blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item.
- Commonly worn by bandits.
- A full set (minus the shield) is worn by Arvel the Swift, who is found within Bleak Falls Barrow.
14. Fur Armor
Fur Armor is a set of Best light armor in skyrim in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is slightly stronger than hide armor, though it cannot be crafted.
All pieces, with the exception of the helmet, are very common and can be found throughout Skyrim from the beginning of the game.
Fur armor cannot be crafted and isn’t typically sold by blacksmiths or general goods merchants, however, certain pieces are very common among bandits and Hold Guards:
- Bandits typically wear all four variants of upper body fur armor along with fur shoes and fur bracers.
- Stormcloak soldiers and certain Hold Guards wear fur boots and fur gauntlets along with their guard cuirasses and helmets.
- A full set of fur armor can be found inside Mzinchaleft, where two bandits reside in the small glacial area before the door that opens to 2 leveled Dwarven Spheres and a bandit fighting them.
13. Forsworn Armor
When the Forsworn were driven from their home into the hills of The Reach after the Markarth Incident, their attire grew to incorporate a more savage look, containing the skulls, furs, and feathers of animals.
Forsworn weapons can also be found, sharing the primitive look of the armor, and are equivalent to Dwarven weapons in terms of damage, but are slightly heavier.
All Forsworn carry at least two pieces of this armor. They may lack a headpiece or gauntlets, though.
12. Morag Tong Armor
Worn by Morag Tong assassins in Ashfallow Citadel and in random encounters on Solstheim.
It can be upgraded with a leather at a workbench and also benefit from the Advanced Armors perk, which doubles the improvement.
11. Dawnguard Armor
Dawnguard Armor is a Best light armor in skyrim set found in The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard. It is worn by several members of the Dawnguard, an order of vampire hunters.
The chest piece comes in three different variants:
- A dark brown version with long sleeves and no pauldrons, worn by Isran. Attached to the chain belt in the back, there is also a small hip flask.
- A crimson/red dust colored version with no sleeves and no pauldrons, worn by Gunmar.
- A grey version with long sleeves and one pauldron on the left shoulder, emblazoned with a grey Dawnguard symbol, worn by Celann.
Click on Next Page to Continue Reading List